Friday, December 30, 2011

House of Secrets

My complementary copy of House of Secrets was read in an afternoon.

Words cannot describe how accurate House of Secrets by Tracie Peterson is in showing the affect schizophrenia and depression has on family members of those affected by those diseases. I have personal experience, as my brother suffers from both. I will always cherish this book because it expresses how I have felt on many occasions.

Bailee Cooper and her sisters struggle to deal with their emotions about their mother and her disease. All of them are very skillful at putting up walls and keeping people at a distance. However, Bailee did not bargain for Mark Delahunt's persistence on tearing down her walls.

This is the first book by Tracie Peterson that I have read and it will not be the last.